Application to Perform at AthFest 2018

AthFest 2018 Live Outdoor Stage Performer Submission

How do I submit my act (band, solo, etc..) to perform on our outdoor stages at AthFest 2018?

To be considered for a performance slot on our outdoor stages at AthFest, you have one of two submission choices:

  • a. submit an EPK electronically via https://www.sonicbids.com/find-gigs/festival-2018-athfest/ OR
  • b. send mail in a physical submission which needs to include:
    • a copy of your latest CD
    • a band biography
    • and the package MUST contain contact info that includes the name, phone number, mailing address and e-mail address for your point person (booking agent, manager, lead singer, label, etc…) as well as your website address and social media links.

Where do I send my submission?

If you wish to mail in your submission, then please mail it to:
AthFest 2018 – Attn: Outdoor Stages, PO Box 327, Athens, GA 30603

Is there a fee to submit my act?

Any band or entertainment company that resides in the state of Georgia can submit their act with no fee if they choose to present a physical submission. All out of state acts must send a submission fee of $15.00 payable to AthFest, Inc with their physical submission. The $15.00 fee must be included in order for the submission to be considered. If you choose to submit electronically via Sonicbids.com,  then there is a $5 fee for in-state acts & $10 fee for out of state acts.

What criteria do you consider when selecting and musicians to perform on the festival’s outdoor stages?

The booking chairperson is responsible for organizing a “listening panel” to review all music submitted for a possible slot on one of our two outdoor stages. We will begin taking physical submissions right after January 1, 2018 and accept them up until our April 1st deadline. The “listening panel” along with the current booking chairperson logs every submission sent in, reviews and rates the music and overall package. We choose acts based mainly on their review rating. Other factors come into play as well. If that act is from Athens/Atlanta/Georgia/Southeast and has played in Athens before, then that act has a decent chance of getting selected to perform. On the other hand, if an act is submitting from, for example the west coast and has never performed in Athens, it is less likely to be selected. About 85% of the slots go to bands from Athens/Atlanta/Georgia/Southeast market while the other 15% goes to bands from other US regions and international bands.

Do the venues have any say as to which bands will perform in their particular club?

The participating venues in our club crawl on the Friday and Saturday nights of AthFest normally book the bands for their AthFest bills. The current booking chairperson works closely with each venue and offers assistance, when needed, to help each venue choose acts. If you choose to book an AthFest performance at one of the participating clubs, then you are not eligible to be considered for an outdoor stage performance. We simply don’t allow bands to play two times at the festival out of fairness to all of the acts that don’t get in.  Please note that every year there are a few venues that AthFest will program, but the majority of the venues will be booking AthFest acts on their own.

How do you go about selecting the participating venues?

We have specific criteria that we use in selecting the participating venues. They must have live entertainment on a regular basis throughout the year. They must charge a cover that is mutually determined by both the venue and booking chairperson. They must inform all of the bands and employees of what to expect during the festival so that there are no surprises. They must be responsible and make sure that each act is paid a minimum of $100 a piece to perform at their venue (or if you are a solo or duo act you are paid $50). Participating venues will be posted shortly. Stay tuned…..

Does AthFest pay the bands and musicians that perform?

Since it’s inception, AthFest has always paid a nominal fee to all acts performing. Each act will be guaranteed to make $100 if you are a band (two or more musicians in the act) and $50 for solo or duo performers. However, some of the “headliners” are paid more for their participation.

How do I know if my act is selected to perform on one of the outdoor stages?

A representative from the booking committee will contact all acts selected to perform and will work out all details through e-mail or phone correspondence. Please do not call our office to find out if you have been selected. We will contact you. All acts should be notified by no later than April 1st, 2018

What if I have questions about booking that might not be answered here?

Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at music@athfesteducates.org with any additional questions.

 

 

contact us